Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Music


I would like to take a moment to share some music that makes me happy. Most of these artists are of a light-newPop genre, with stylings similar to that of Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, and Bob Marley.

You may or may not know them, but check them out:

(I added their myspace link so you can hear them for free)


Jason Mraz- You probably know him best for his new album, "We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things" and the hit "I'm Yours". However, many people don't realize how long he's been around. Check these out:

You may know: "I'm Yours", "Lucky", "Make it Mine"

You may not know: "Who Needs Shelter", "Dynamo of Volition", "No Stopping Us", "Details in the Fabric"



Ingrid Michaelson- She toured with Jason for part of his 2008 tour, but she has a sound that is better than just an opening act. She has a beautiful voice, a broad range, and she writes all her own material.

Check these out:

You may know: "The way I am"

You may not know: "The Chain", "Breathing", "You and I"



Nada Surf- I stumbled on these guys accidentally, when the "Lucky" album (their 5th!) had prereleased. I can't take them out of my cd line up now.

Chack these out:

You may know: "Weightless", "See these Bones"

You may not know: "Beautiful Beat", "I Like What You Say", "Ice on the Wing"



Matt and Kim- being as obseesed with music as I am, I found these two on some tv commercials. And, like the best unknown bands, I found them during album #2. They have a raw, fun beat that is described by them as the "sound of New York".

Check these out:

You may recognize but not know: "Daylight" and "Good Ol Fashion Nightmare"



The Makepeace Brothers- smooth, sweet, and in tune, they are the best looking brothers I know! If you like Jason Mraz's music, try these guys on for size.

Check these out:

You may or may not know: "Follow Me", "The Monkey and the Lion", and "Caroline"







No comments:

Post a Comment